Types of Benefits
San Francisco Workers' Compensation Claims
Understanding what types of benefits are available in a San Francisco workers' compensation claim is important. At Pacific Attorney Group, we are committed to helping our clients recover the maximum benefits to which they should be entitled, including in seeking other potential resources for financial recovery. To learn more, call a San Francisco workers' compensation attorney at our offices at 800-670-8142. Your initial consultation is free.
There are six basic types of benefits covered by workers' compensation insurance in San Francisco:
- Medical care - medical treatment provided to assist you in recovering from an injury or illness related to work.
- Temporary disability benefits - payments made if you lose wages because you are prevented from returning to work while recovering from your workplace injury.
- Permanent disability benefits - payments made if you cannot recover completely and are unable to return to work because you are permanently disabled.
Supplemental job displacement benefits - for work injuries that occurred on or after January 1st, 2004, these are vouchers that will help pay for skill enhancement or retraining to help you reenter the work force (if you are unable to perform the same duties or do not return to work for your previous employer.)
Vocational rehabilitation - for work injuries prior to January 1st, 2004, an injured worker may be entitled to job placement counseling and retraining if you are unable to return to your previous job.
Death benefits - available to the family of a worker who lost his or her life in a work accident or due to a work-related injury.
Additional Benefits for San Francisco Workers' Comp Claims
There are other potential sources that your San Francisco workers' compensation lawyer can look to in handling your claim and this may include:
- State Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, Social Security Disability Insurance, or other benefits paid by the state and federal government.
- Benefits offered by employers or unions (sick leave, long term disability, salary continuation plans, etc.)
- Financial compensation from a third party, if your injury was contributed to or caused by someone other than your employer.
Get more information about what workers' compensation benefits you may be able to receive following your San Francisco workplace accident or injury.
Contact a workers' compensation lawyer
at our law firm today!